My Autumn Bucket List 2018 (Autumn goals and intentions)
So autumn has started already and I know it is the most favourite season of the year for so many people. I love autumn, but truth to be told, I’m not a big fan of colder, rainier and darker days, so I decided to write my autumn family fun list aka autumn bucket list so I have something to look forward to and enjoy!
Here it goes, our family autumn fun to do list:
– Go for autumnal walks. We will need to wrap up warm!
-Take lots of autumn photos. Autumn is such a colourful season that taking photos at this time of year is really fun. I just hope for some sun too!
-Visit a new country park. There are so many country parks around us, so I’m really looking forward to visit a new one, especially for the woodland walks. We will perhaps visit Beecraigs Country Park or Mugdock Country park as we never been there before.
-Visit a pumpkin patch. Last year me and my then 2 year old son went to our local Arnprior farm. We had so much fun then and are looking forward to visit their pumpkin patch this year again.
– Carve a pumpkin. I’m not an arty crafty person but I enjoy this Halloween activity and I’m hoping this year my pumpkins will look a bit better than last year!
– Halloween play date (or even a party). I am hoping to gather a few Oscar’s little friends (and their mums) and have a little Halloween party at home.
– Dress little ones in Halloween costumes. That goes without saying and this year I have 2 children to dress up! Fun times!
– Go to the beach. Yes, it’s not your typical autumn activity, but I really fancy a walk at the beach as I haven’t done that for a while due to being pregnant and having a newborn. I’m thinking about Crammond beach near Edinburgh.
– Visit a castle. There are so many beautiful castles in Scotland. I would love to go to Glamis castle next time we have a family day out.
– Collect autumn ‘treasures’ – colourful leaves, conkers, pine cones, acorns and sticks! This was one of my favourite things to do in autumn when I was a child.
– Cook homemade vegetable soups. Most likely it will be a pumpkin soup.
– Bake an apple pie. Haven’t baked for a while so I’m looking forward to this.
– Get books from library about autumn. I love seeing Oscar learning about seasons. Currently we read Peppa’s Pumpkin Party book at his bedtime.
– Buy a new blanket/throw for living room. Looking forward to snuggle under it on cold autumn evenings.
– Buy an autumn/winter coat, big scarf and fluffy jumpers. Great excuse for a shopping trip! I’m aiming to create a capsule wardrobe though!
Not to do:
-Bonfire night. We didn’t really enjoy it last year. I think my kids are still a bit too young, maybe in another couple of years.
-Drink a pumpkin spiced latte. I know so many people are excited about it, but for me, it’s just a bit too sweet!
My personal to do list for autumn:
-Girly lunch in Edinburgh
-Trip to London
-Start a digital marketing course
-Declutter and deep clean all house so it’s ready for Christmas tree and decorations for 1st of December
I’ve got MUCH more on my to do list, but some of the things are a bit boring or too personal to share!
Have you got some plans for autumn?